#1 Instagram
Instagram is my number one news source because the content is short-form, and you can learn a lot from a short post. Most of the news I consume on Instagram is sports-related, whether it is soccer or NASCAR. However, sometimes if there is a big event, breaking news, or something extremely notable, I will see it on Instagram first. Most of the big breaking news I see comes from Instagram before anything else. Sometimes I do not care about all the details, especially when it comes to things like politics or science. Sometimes I just need the headline. If I am really interested in one of those breaking news stories, I would use something like YouTube to get more details on the topic or read other articles.
As I said, most of the news or information I see on Instagram is sports-related. This can include creators providing analysis on a game or an official team or player account posting stats or a schedule. Specifically for soccer, there are two accounts I follow. One is Fabrizio Romano, who is the most-followed journalist in the world across all platforms. He posts player transfer updates and general news in the European football world. The other account is 433, which does basically the same thing, but they also include a lot of statistics, player ratings, and match schedules in their posts.
#2 YouTube
My second news source is YouTube. I do not consume a lot of political or scientific news. Again, I mostly consume sports news or things that have to do with learning history. There are some fan sports team accounts that I follow on YouTube that give me more in-depth analysis and daily match previews and reviews.
YouTube is also where I go if I want to go more in-depth on a topic that I might have found on Instagram. It has a lot of very interesting videos on niche topics, such as video essays. I think those are great ways to learn about things, whether it has to do with pop culture, history, science, or a TV show or movie.
When it comes to current political events, I do not really consume a lot of politics, but I do enjoy videos by Tommy G and Tyler Oliveira, who do great boots-on-the-ground journalism on topics in the mainstream. I find them to be incredibly reliable and much better than mainstream news sources like Fox, NBC, or CNN. Even though those news sources can still be good, they always have a bias. I personally like their boots-on-the-ground journalism because they are not bought and paid for, and they actually put in a lot of effort to show people the truth.
#3 Family and Friends
My third news source is my family and friends. Because I do not read or follow the mainstream news, sometimes I hear things from my dad, who is an avid reader of the news. Sometimes my friends tell me things, or we discuss a certain topic. I think it is always great to learn the news face-to-face rather than from a screen.
#4: NASCAR.com
My fourth news source is NASCAR.com or the NASCAR app. They have short articles on their app that I get notifications for, which are easy, short reads. They also have stats and the standings in the app, and it is a great, easy way to follow the sport.
#5: ESPN
ESPN is my fifth news source. I do not open it super often, but I will read the occasional article about a certain player or learn about the production side of ESPN. They provide great, reliable coverage for a majority of sports.





No comments:
Post a Comment